Powerd by Content Ventures x
News

Florentino Perez gives Ancelotti full confidence and the player he needs in January

There is no doubt. Defeats hurt. Logically, but confidence remains high. Florentino Pérez knows that Real Madrid is in good hands, those of Carlo Ancelotti. There is no confirmation of something that has been questioned externally . What there is is dialogue and understanding in the face of the complicated situation that the white team currently has… with injuries and that it is in the study phase, a previous step to making decisions. The rumours, the supposed agreement with Xabi Alonso for next season, the contact with Solari are gestures that the club and those around the Bayer Leverkusen coach deny time and time again. It is recurrent. A year ago, some already said Ancelotti was going to Brazil and the former midfielder was on his way to the Bernabéu. The Italian renewed until June 2026.

The realityHe says that the dialogue between the Real Madrid coach and Florentino Pérez is common. The president goes to Veldebebas regularly and both the coffee and the meal are part of a regular setting. In victories and defeats, but it is true that when they come hand in hand with moments of doubt, they are more striking, but the gestures quickly defuse the external tension. They talk about what is happening and what is on the way. Often with José Ángel Sánchez as a witness. There is harmony and right now concern about the schedule that Real Madrid has until the end of the year, with half the squad injured, which is what is worrying. And a lot.

Football, just like last season, gave value to the squad and it was able to adapt to all kinds of circumstances in the form of injuries, but this season the response has not been the same. Injuries are ravaging Ancelotti’s team. Raúl Asencio’s confirmation has cleared up a mystery and confirmed that with the youth player, with Tchouameni, plus Rüdiger and what Alaba can contribute, there will be no signing of a centre-back in January, something that will happen in the summer. Vallejo does not seem to be counted on much while waiting for his contract to end on 30 June. While waiting for the Austrian to return and for Joan Martínez to put his injury behind him in the last weeks of this season and, in this way, be able to start showing his potential, the club is still looking at the issue of reinforcing the centre of defence for next season.

What Asencio has done is that we can look at the youth team. He has given a boost to the morale of those who step foot in Valdebebas every day. Players and coaches. His name had already been noted by the first team’s coaching staff since last season. Now his time has come and he has known how to take advantage of it, mixing football and maturity. Jacobo Ramón was going to receive the same push , but two annoying injuries have prevented him from doing so.

The side problem

Real Madrid seem determined to find a right-back for the winter, with Alexander Arnold as their priority. After the match at Anfield, some English media outlets are suggesting that Liverpool confirmed, after the lunch held by both clubs, that Real Madrid are serious about the possible arrival of the full-back and are suggesting that they are resigned to losing the youth-team player in the face of the inevitable. The truth is that with Bradley’s confirmation they are very relaxed at Anfield.

As MARCA had already reported, it was Liverpool’s directors who called Valdebebas a few weeks ago, given the excellent relations that exist, to ask if Real Madrid’s interest was true or if it was all a manoeuvre to push for open negotiations to improve the conditions of the renewal of the contract that ends on 30 June. On Wednesday they spoke again and, as published in England, about the future of the full-back, who is increasingly seen in white.

Valdebebas wants to silence the movement. They know that with Lucas Vázquez as the only ‘specialist’ and the help of Valverde , the season is going to be very long. In addition, by playing with the Uruguayan in defence, Real Madrid ‘loses’ a very important asset when it comes to creating play. If Asencio has arrived to stay, in the youth team there does not seem to be a value that has enough experience to assume the position immediately. Yes, in the future.

Alternatives

Meanwhile, names continue to appear as alternatives to those mentioned around Alexander Arnold. The Dutchman Frimpong or the Spaniard Pedro Porro. If Liverpool decide to close the exit door and wait for Alexander Arnold to leave without anything in return, the white club is considering different alternatives, of lower value on the market, but curiously more expensive due to the end of the contract.

Source: Marca

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *